- Effects on Aquatic Organisms
This section presents research exploring whether a variety of phthalates have any effects on freshwater and marine organisms, including microorganisms, algae, invertebrates and fish.
- Sediment and Soil Exposure, Partitioning and Effects on Soil Organisms
This section’s research explores the potential risk presented by various phthalates to organisms in lake or ocean bottoms, or in surface waters.
- Bioconcentration & Bioaccumulation
This section presents original research and literature reviews on the potential for various phthalates to bioaccumulate, or build up, in fish and other aquatic organisms.
- Physical/Chemical Properties
This section explores how various phthalates behave in the environment.
- Environmental Fate and Persistence Properties
Research in this section measures the rates at which various phthalates biodegrade, or break down, in the environment.