- Effects on Aquatic Organisms
Research exploring whether a variety of phthalates have any effects on freshwater and marine organisms, including microorganisms, algae, invertebrates and fish.
- Sediment and Soil Exposure, Partitioning and Effects on Soil Organisms
Research exploring the potential risk presented by various phthalates to organisms in lake or ocean bottoms, or in surface waters.
- Bioconcentration & Bioaccumulation
Original research and literature reviews on the potential for various phthalates to bioaccumulate, or build up, in fish and other aquatic organisms.
- Physical/Chemical Properties
How various phthalates behave in the environment.
- Environmental Fate and Persistence Properties
Research measuring the rates at which various phthalates biodegrade, or break down, in the environment.